We the women groups put heads together to facilitate local level capacity building to protect our property rights and to increase income within climate change vulnerable areas. By implementing economic rights programme, members are engaged in sharecropping and organic agriculture. In some cases, women group-led revolving fund is being facilitated for vulnerable women and survivors. A total of 3,320 women and girls were mobilised, organised and engaged in 29 women groups and federation.
- Facilitating women farmers groups who are engaged in agriculture and sharecropping
- Supporting awareness activities organic farming technologies
- Providing capacity building support to group members in climate resilience agriculture like saline tolerance cropping and mix-fish culture
- Supporting group members how to use internet for climate resilience agriculture
- Feminist actions for combating gender-based violence and forced/early marriage
- Group member-led revolving fund
- Policy advocacy on climate resilience agriculture
Long-term programme is implementing with funding support of different national and international organisations. This programme was initiated by a feminist participatory action research (FPAR), with funding support of APWLD now it is involving women landowners and sharecroppers in economic activities.